Unlike a regular laser or jet printer, a thermal or heat transfer model is more versatile. It can quickly generate stencils, barcodes, labels, QR codes, and much more.
There are so many areas of use for this device, and many models can be found on the market. In this guide we have selected some of the best selling thermal transfer printers of the moment; take a look at the Best printer for heat transfers.
After hours of research and the comparison of a wide range of printers in all categories, we have selected the ten best printers of the moment. And bring you this complete heat transfer printer reviews.
Versatile, comprehensive, ergonomic- these are the qualities we found the most. They are also distinguished by their quality of printing and cost on the attractive page.
- 1 The 5 Best Printer For Heat Transfers (Ranked in 2020)
- 2 Top-rated 10 Printer for heat transfers Reviews
- 2.1 #1. Workforce WF-7710 Color Inkjet Printer
- 2.2 #2. Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank Printer
- 2.3 #3. Brother HL-L2320D Mono Laser Printer
- 2.4 #4. Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
- 2.5 #5. Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw
- 2.6 #6. HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction Printer
- 2.7 #7. Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color
- 2.8 #8. HP LaserJet Pro M452dw Printer
- 2.9 #9. Okidata 62439301 C711wt 120
- 2.10 #10. Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw
- 3 Considerable Things for Best printer for heat transfers – Buyer’s Guide
- 3.0.1 What exactly is the printer for heat transfer or a label printer?
- 3.0.2 What are the advantages and disadvantages of a label printer?
- 3.0.3 What is the primary purpose of the printer For heat transfer?
- 3.0.4 To whom is the purchase of a heat transfer printer recommended?
- 3.0.5 What kind of heat transfer printers are there?
- 3.0.6 Thermal transfer and direct thermal printers
- 3.0.7 Thermal transfer printer
- 3.0.8 Direct thermal printer
- 3.0.9 Purchase criteria
- 3.0.10 Use that you will make of it
- 3.0.11 Design
- 3.0.12 Print speed
- 3.0.13 Print resolution
- 3.0.14 Software
- 3.0.15 Cartridge price
- 3.0.16 Connection
- 4 Final verdict
The 5 Best Printer For Heat Transfers (Ranked in 2020)
- best canon printer for heat transfer – Canon LBP622Cdw
- best hp printer for heat transfers – HP LaserJet Pro
- cheap printer for heat transfer – Okidata 62439301
- best hp inkjet printer for heat transfer – HP M452dw
- best color laser printer for heat transfers – Epson Artisan 1430
Top-rated 10 Printer for heat transfers Reviews
Our Top heat transfers printer review below.
#1. Workforce WF-7710 Color Inkjet Printer
Among the best products on the market, it has one of its strengths in the competitive cost. Another is the ease of use: everyone can use it without problems. You don’t have to be an expert, Just press a button.
As for performance, this Inkjet Printer can print up to 18 ISO in black and 10 ISO in color labels for standard addresses per minute.
It is a pretty good result, ideal for high-productivity offices. The integrated cutter further speeds up the work.
It is also very versatile because it is possible to do different jobs for various needs such as regular print, copy, scan, and fax. It can produce prints up to 13″ x19″ max.
This Inkjet Printer is suitable for those who do not want to spend so much, without sacrificing excellent performance and ease of use.
- Modest size, easy to place even in the absence of space.
- Versatile, this printer can print, copy, scan, and fax.
- Comes with SOP d accessories such as 250-sheet tray and 125 output tray.
- Super performance- printing ability up to 13″ x19″ and scan capacity up to 11″ x17.”
- Energy savings up to 80%.
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet- print from any smart device.
- The roller sometimes doesn’t roll fluidly during printing, which results in bad quality print.
- Doesn’t work well in case of massive printing.
#2. Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank Printer
The best printers for heat transfer can be the Epson Expression model. The printer is specifically designed to meet the needs of your works and saves a lot of time because the patterns can be easily copied and printed with the device.
It is possible to make regular copies as well as mirror copies.
The device is excellent and easy to use. Thanks to the many quick-select buttons on the front, you can make various adjustments with the touch of a button.
You can switch between scan and standard copies, or even adjust the printing resolution of the photo.
The device is very compact and measures only 20.8 x 17.5 x 11.9 inches, with a weight of 10.8 pounds.
Overall, this product gives an excellent impression, and overheat protection also protects the device from defects.
Also, in terms of speed, the model can convince, which does not affect the daily routine, even at high-frequency printing.
In terms of price, the model is well above the level of a conventional heat transfer printer, but it also offers a copy function.
- The most impressive fact that it comes with two years worth of ink which can print up to 4000 black and white pages and 6500 color pages.
- Has a speed of 10 ppm (black) and 4.5 ppm (color).
- Secure connectivity through USB, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi direct via smart devices.
- Eco-friendly which saves up to 80% energy.
- Can print up to 150 pages per month.
- Larger screen and memory card slot.
- An adapter may be needed which is not included.
- Cleaning the nozzle and print head is severely difficult.
#3. Brother HL-L2320D Mono Laser Printer
Brother laser printer is compact and measures only 14.2 x 7.2 x 14 inches. It is ideal for any printing.
The regular print results on the Brother thermal paper are outstanding. Of course, you can also use the device to label folders, documents, or objects.
In terms of price, the device is located in the low ground and can convince with its core competence.
But if you use it stationary, it’s not a problem. It handles up to 30 pages per minute and takes a resolution of 2400 x 600 dpi.
As with the previous model, a loading tray that can accommodate up to 250 sheets is available at the front.
You can also deploy another in the back as needed (convenient if you want to work on various formats).
In the end, here is an excellent little printer that has a higher capacity while offering excellent results. Also all with a consumption (energy and ink) very correct and rather fast flow.
- A higher printing speed of 30 PPM.
- A loading tray that can accommodate up to 250 sheets.
- Cheaper operating cost.
- Printing resolution of 2400 x 600 dpi.
- High-speed USB provides local connectivity.
- The cord connecting USB doesn’t come with the package.
- A little noisy.
#4. Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
We go back to Epson, but this time with an inkjet printer that, at first glance, is very attractive. With its white and black design and its sleek shape, it catches the eye of its future buyers.
It also has the advantage of being relatively compact (18.1 x 9.5 x 7.6 inches).
Its connectivity is also very reliable: super-fast USB while being compatible with Windows and Macintosh. Easier access to the ink tank, which is also very significant.
The speed is relatively high: 23 ppm in black and white and 14 ppm in color. While on the photo side, it can produce resolutions up to 5760 x 1440.
On the other hand, the rendering is excellent!
Side cost per page, this printer is in a medium range. Of course, the printer is a higher necessary investment than previous models, but it is profitable in the long run.
- Excellent print quality by advanced DURABrite technology.
- Cost on the pages are medium to low.
- Silent and easy to use; no need to be an expert to run this.
- Attractive all-in-box system.
- The ink cartilage have some malfunction.
- Not very attractive design.
#5. Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw
The Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw is a mighty and budget-friendly printer.
It allows you to print all your documents in a jiffy. This small-format printer projects tiny ink droplets onto the heat transfer paper for professional, flawless rendering.
It is equipped with an LCD touch screen that allows you to select functions such as the number of copies to launch and many more.
This model integrates Wi-Fi, which gives you the possibility to connect it to your home network and all other compatible computing devices.
This Canon printer is also equipped with a short term memory system that can save data. It reduces the loss of an essential file at a notable rate.
This inkjet color model offers fast printing and will satisfy you in a personal or professional.
It is a fantastic printer that can be quickly loaded with paper thanks to its front loader. It is a versatile printer that accepts all types of heat transfer paper up to A4 format.
- A complete device, ideal for those who need to regular print officially for large quantities.
- A versatile model with Wi-Fi and USB ports to meet different needs.
- A fast and easy to use the product, suitable for daily work and a specific scope as well as high-precision printing.
- Cost-effective and energy saving.
- Faster printing, as fast as 10.3 sec.
- Its appearance is not among the best; in fact, it seems a bit old-looking and not particularly inspired.
- The software is a network connection that needs an expert.
#6. HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction Printer
We couldn’t complete our selection without the latest HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction Printer model.
What makes it’s most (and its consequent investment) is the auto on and off technology from HP.
With its 19.6 x 23.5 x 19.3 inches, it is always possible to put it on a desk. Its connectivity is complete: Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, etc. can be used in businesses by securing access.
This is the primary destination.
Everything is controlled via the dedicated application or the adjustable color touch screen of 4.3 inches.
It comes with a 250-sheet capacity tray and a 50-sheet multipurpose tray that allows you to use a variety of heat transfer paper sizes, from thick paper to envelopes.
But since it’s a business model, it can easily be expanded with 250 or 550-sheet trays.
And the yield impressive with a regular print speed of 28 ppm both in color and in black and white. Its cost on the page is also attractive.
In the end, here is a laser printer that stands out for its material quality, print quality, processing speed, module ability, and secure access.
It is undoubtedly a printer for use in business, but a particular who prints a lot (an author, for example), could also find his account.
- Comes with HP’s specialized technology of auto on/off.
- Energy-saving and cost-reducing.
- Multifunctional; can scan, print, copy, and fax.
- Secured and safe with built-in security features.
- Eco-friendly save up to 18% energy.
- No USB adapter is provided.
- The feeder scanned images are not up to the mark.
#7. Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color
If you have a bigger budget, this model is probably a good idea. You win the individual in cartilage, the scanner resolution increases (5760 x 1440 dpi), and the quality in the photo improves even further.
Excellent product compactness, print speed, seamless connectivity, paper feeding from the front or top, and noise and power consumption are all of course preserved. Energy well mastered.
Its color touch screen offers the same smooth and fluid interface, following the dedicated application.
It is complete at the connection level: Wi-Fi connection, Ethernet port, etc. You can print from almost any device.
And of course, it supports leading cloud printing services.
In the end, here is a heat transfer printer that has no defect, Individuals who print often will be delighted with the print quality, the cost per page, and the performance of the “All in Box” program.
- Excellent print quality, high definition color prints up to 13″ x 19.”
- Built-in direct Wi-Fi allows connecting to any device.
- Has six separate cartridges that will enable you to change them individually.
- Remarkable compactness and Automatic duplexing.
- This printer can only work on paper of less than 10 mm thickness.
- This printer doesn’t come with a USB cord.
#8. HP LaserJet Pro M452dw Printer
In our list of heat transfer printer reviews, next is a rather compact multifunctional inkjet printer (18.5 x 16.2 x 11.6 inches), which will easily find a place on a desk.
With its white coating and curvaceous shapes, Hp laserjet Pro printer will bring a touch of elegance into its environment, while being discreet.
Inkjet Printer offers at the front a tray with a capacity of 300 sheets of plain paper and at a rate of 4000 paper monthly.
Between its color touch screen and shortcut keys, it is rather simple to handle.
It offers Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, direct access to some online storage services, and works through a dedicated application. It is complete and very intuitive.
In terms of printing, you should know that the Pixma range is particularly useful in photography. So, whether in this area or office, you get quality prints.
With a print speed of 28 pages per minute (ppm) in black and white /color, it does pretty well. It takes about 8.9 seconds for black and 9.5 seconds for color print.
In terms of formats, it supports automatic two-sided printing, for A4 as well as for A5, B5, letter, and plain paper.
- Correct print speed and intuitive interface.
- supports automatic two-sided printing.
- Has a tray with a capacity of 300 sheets of plain paper and at a rate of 4000 paper monthly.
- print speed of 28 pages per minute (ppm) in black and white /color.
- possible to obtain compatible ink cartridges at a lower price and for a satisfactory result.
- Doesn’t work as well in Mac as Windows or other smartphones.
- Doesn’t come with the USB cable.
#9. Okidata 62439301 C711wt 120
Another model with which we advise you to make a comparison is the Okidata 62439301 C711wt 120. Because it has everything, you need for efficient printing at a reasonable cost.
First of all, it is a printer that can be purchased at a very competitive price, so if you have a minimal budget, we suggest you take a look.
Another advantage of this product is its compact design that will not take up much desk space.
Easy to use, it has an integrated cutter to speed up time, while noise reduction technology makes it more pleasant to use.
Moreover, the printer is quite versatile because it allows obtaining prints of different types and because it has three emulsion networks, USB, and Ethernet to be able to connect and print contents from various sources.
- Able to perform a reasonable workload in a short time.
- Can be placed anywhere with extreme ease and its design.
- Considering the good performances offered, the price is favorable.
- Designed for printing up to 1200×600 dpi.
- At the level of printing, it offers 30 ppm and an excellent rendering!
- There is no USB cable in the box.
- Printing resolutions are no great compared to others.
#10. Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw
We are ending our heat transfer printer reviews with a unique and wonderful model.
The Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw is truly an all-in-1 printer because it allows you to print, copy, scan, and have a fax/fax feature.
You’ll be able to print in high-quality, professional colors for a lower cost of ownership with Canon’s high-capacity ink cartridges.
It is a versatile printer with a speed of printing up to 22 pages per minute in black and white. It is also a two-sided printer with a 250-sheet paper tray.
You can directly scan your documents to a pc, your email address, or a network folder. You’ll also enjoy a duplex document feeder to increase your productivity.
This model is also connected to the web.
With a touch screen of 5 inches, you can connect via your Wi-Fi wireless network or from your mobile devices such as your tablet or iPhone. A front USB port is also available.
- 4-in-1 multifunctional use: printing, scanning, photocopying and faxing.
- complete connectivity via Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet port, NFC.
- A bright touch screen allows you to make your settings quickly.
- A tray offers a capacity of 250 sheets.
- The settings are a bit complicated.
- The included settings disc is only for windows.
Considerable Things for Best printer for heat transfers – Buyer’s Guide
Now that our heat transfer printer reviews are done, et’s move on to our buying tips and see some practical suggestions on which is the perfect printer for heat transfer and why.
In our guide, you can find useful directions to choose the product that best suits your needs.
You can find more concrete help in the following part along with some tips and tricks.
What exactly is the printer for heat transfer or a label printer?
The label printer is an electronic device created solely for printing labels in different formats. There is the equipment of all sizes, depending on the use indicated for each one.
It is for this reason that we can deal with both portable devices and sizeable fixed equipment designed to work 24 hours without a break.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a label printer?
What is the primary purpose of the printer For heat transfer?
Label printers offer various services, both for professional and domestic use.
Thanks to these, you can print barcodes, labels for laboratories or libraries, labels with prices addressed to a store but also labels to mark the expiry date of your food inside the refrigerator.
You can also print labels with the address of a letter to send, descriptions of articles, or the contents of a folder or archive.
It does not end here, with such a printer you can even print a receipt for a purchase.
Furthermore, with some printers, it is also possible to create business cards. Without a doubt, they offer an infinite number of services.
To whom is the purchase of a heat transfer printer recommended?
Label printers or heat transfer printers are recommended for any type of business, no matter whether small, medium, or large.
Moreover, they are indispensable in warehouses and within distribution and transport companies, as they can be handy for all those who need to organize a large number of objects or materials.
In reality, logistics is one of the strengths between businesses and companies, especially now with the upper hand of online commerce.
In this sense, it is essential to know how to organize and adequately manage all the materials and products with which we are dealing.
Without a doubt, printers can only make the job easier if a good organization is to be achieved.
What kind of heat transfer printers are there?
We can differentiate two types of printers, depending on the printing technology they use.
On the one hand, we have those with direct thermal printing, and on the other hand, there are thermal transfer printers.
Thermal transfer and direct thermal printers
There is often confusion. But there is a big difference between thermal transfer printers – also called TT, Thermal Transfer – and the direct thermal printers – or DT, Direct Thermal.
The operation is different, the quality of the printed labels is various, and the price is also very different. Let’s see better.
Thermal transfer printer
Thermal transfer printers heat a ribbon that transfers heat to the label at the bottom. The latter can be constructed with very different materials, so there is greater versatility of use.
Direct thermal printer
The direct thermal ones, on the other hand, print directly on a heat-sensitive chemical label that changes color and produces the desired text or image.
When it comes to buying the appropriate printers for heat transfer, it is crucial to consider several factors. To facilitate your choice, as far as possible, we have selected what we consider the most important criteria.
In this way, you will have a complete guide to make a choice that you will not regret.
- Use that you will make of it
- Print speed
- Print resolution
- Cartridge price
Use that you will make of it
The first thing you need to ask yourself when you are going to buy a label printer is the use you will make of it.
If you use it in a large company, you will need a specific printer. And if instead, it will only be to sell a small number of objects at particular times, you will certainly need another.
For large companies, industrial printers are recommended that print a large number of copies in a short time.
And include the option of being able to insert the size of the label ready to be cropped.
At the same time, you should ask yourself if you need a device that prints laminated labels, paper labels, or in both formats.
Furthermore, it is essential to know if you will use it in a single place or if you want to move with it.
In case you need to use a heat transfer printer frequently and often in different locations, you should choose a light and small size one.
Also, you should keep in mind that more and more manufacturers are opting for ergonomic designs.
In any case, some more professional equipment may be more extensive and require a fixed location. It is undoubtedly convenient that they can be compact and shock-resistant.
Because, as you can imagine, it is a dynamic work environment where strokes and falls are sometimes inevitable. And as the expression says, better prevention than cure.
For certain functions, especially in professional fields, print speed is one of the most critical aspects when choosing the printer for heat transfer.
Consider that the average print in unprofessional devices is between 50 and 60 labels per minute, but the fastest ones can reach a print of 200 labels per minute.
Furthermore, it is important to consider the range of colors in which printing is possible.
Some heat transfer printers only offer black, others offer a reduced color scheme, and others provide a much more comprehensive range of colors.
We must not forget the maximum print sizes allowed.
The printing resolution of a printer gives us an idea about the quality of the prints produced. Usually, this is measured in points per inch (PPP) or DPI (Dots Per Inch, for its acronym in English).
These are the individual ink dots that can be reproduced in the same space as an inch. Obviously, the higher this value, the higher the quality of the print.
Some heat transfer printers include software for installation inside a computer or mobile device. With this software you can configure the labels, changing a wide variety of aspects of these.
This way, you can change the font type, add images, and logos. Indeed, it is possible to use a voice-recognition system to dictate the labels.
One aspect that is often overlooked when buying a heat transfer printer is the price of the ink cartridges. The latter can be very relevant if you are going to make many prints and very frequently.
On some occasions, it may be more interesting to opt for a more expensive device where a lower cost of the cartridges offsets the expense.
Besides, you will need to take into account the price of the paper or plastic reels of the labels, the value of the batteries (in case you need to use them), and the print head.
The most modern and printer for heat transfer includes the option to connect to other devices via Wi-Fi. Without a doubt, there are still many models that only allow connection to the computer via a USB port.
On the other hand, there is also stand-alone equipment that does not need to be connected to other devices.
Another interesting option is the connection via Bluetooth to connect the printer to mobile phones or tablets. This way, you won’t need the Internet to connect it to other devices.
At the moment printers with an NFC, the connection is not yet accessible, although this could be an exciting option.
Frequently asked questions
We know how difficult it is to find the best product when it comes to a critical electronic product like the best heat transfer printer. For that reason, our team did extensive research to find you the best printer for heat transfer.
Don’t get confused. Go through all the products and compare which one is ideal for you. So, no more worrying. Just trust us and get one right away!